Thursday, June 6, 2013

The transition in making a house a home

Well it is nice to say that we are moved in and our house is becoming the cutest little home. We live in Jaces Grandpas (and well I guess it's now my grandpa too) four-plexes right in Hooper. About two maybe three miles away from each of our parents. I always said that I wanted to live a ways a way from my parents with the reason being that I know I would always go home. I wanted us to be far enough away that whenever we fought I wouldn't have the option to run home to mom. And here we are, husband and wife living just minutes away...and I'm not going to lie, going home to family so often is a blessing. We are in a cute little apartment and we are loving it. My Kitchen Aid Mixer is up, our bed made, our flower on the door, and we finally get to stay with each other all night long. We bought a new kitchen table over Memorial Day Weekend and are in love with it, but have yet to eat at it. My mom has given us so many things to dress our place up, and my in laws gave us their old furniture. We got lucky on so many things! I know this post is short, but I just wanted to say playing house as a little girl was my favorite but playing house in real life is even better. So if you're ever driving by and you see us outside, or the car in the drive way please stop by. We'll offer you a cold drink and we have plenty of junk food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment