Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Wedding Day.

May 17th..it seemed so far away but it was finally here. The day before was stressful, hectic, crazy, and busy. I thought it was never going to end. Somehow with lots and lots of help it got pulled off and beautifully so. It was exactly what I wanted; classy and sophisticated. I got very little sleep that night and was so anxious and ready for the next day. Our wedding day! Early Friday morning mom and I ran over to Jennikas and immediately started hair and makeup. My eyes were puffy, my emotions were running high, and I was ready to become the newest Mrs. Ropelato. Jen gave me some ice to put on my eyes, and a drink, and I was ready to go. I couldn't imagine anyone else getting me ready for the big day. I just kept thinking 'I wish I could feel this pretty everyday'. After getting back to my house, we quickly gathered everything together and my fiance' soon to be husband was standing there in front of me. Boy, did he look handsome. We headed to the Bountiful Temple around 8 o clock that morning and as we got closer and closer to the temple I got more and more excited. As we turned the corner and saw the Temple clearly we both turned looked at each other and said this was the last chance to change our minds. We laughed. and we continued driving. Jace was nervous that morning but by the time we got there his nerves were calmed..me on the other hand, I was so excited and didn't get nervous until we walked in those flawless temple doors. We got everything ready with the temple workers, went back out to meet my parents, and that's when we had to split up. Split up? What it's our wedding day and you're making us split up?! It turned out to be okay, in fact, more than okay. It was perfect. Mom and I went in to the Brides room and oh how I had dreamed of that room ever since I saw it in Temple Open Houses. It was beautiful, sparkly, spotless, clean, stunning and warm. I got all ready and got to meet back up with my oh so sweet, and don't forget good looking groom. We got to go in to the Celestial room and that was a memory I will never, ever, in this life or the next forget. Sitting there, with him, in the most beautiful room was a moment that I will always remember. Feeling so lucky, so blessed, and so happy. When the Temple Worker came in and got us and told us they were ready for us. Jace looked at me with the cutest, sweetest smile and said 'this is it'. Yes! This is it. We met with our sealer and he went over everything we needed to know and was so great at calming my fears. We walked in to the Sealing Room and I was so overwhelmed and just happy happy happy. Seeing all of my friends and family that could be in the temple was a sight that I will also never forget. Jace and I sat down next to each other, and I did not want to let him go. Our moms were sitting next to us and surrounding us were all sorts of people who meant so much to each of us for so many different reasons. As we got to kneel across each other at the alter my heart started beating faster and faster, and who knows my palms may have even gotten a little sweaty. I was anxious. I was nervous. I was excited. I was happy. I was in love. So in love. Neither one of us knew if we could hold hands, and so we didn't...until I jumped the gun. I may have let out an enthusiastic yes a little tiny bit too soon. Luckily, my sweet grandma let out something a little worse than that. She may or may not have said a word that shouldn't be said, especially in the Temple. I was definitely hoping that my excitement to marry the man kneeling across from me would soon be forgotten. It wasn't. But it made our day even more memorable and I even got to hold his hand. After this small incident happened I couldn't help it any longer, I had to. I grabbed his hand, I held on to him tightly. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do? Turn to him, hang on to him, and lean upon him when I need him. With tears in our eyes and with such full hearts we were finally and officially husband and wife! Yes, ladies and gents he was MINE! We had our luncheon at the Wight House in Bountiful, Utah. It was delicious. Oh the food, and even better the Double Chocolate Snicker Cake. Everything was to die for. After the Luncheon Jace and I ran to our banks and cashed our paychecks, went to the car wash, and stopped at the Gas Station to to get drinks to leave in the car for that night as we would journey to our honeymoon in Park City, Utah. We then went to the church where I found Amy, Spencer, and Aunt Jean working like honey bees to get things ready. How thankful I am for the family, and for the friends that were so willing to help. Mom, Dad, Amy, Brini, Tatti, Jennika, Spencer, Jackson, Chris, Maggie, Kelly, Aunt Jean, Brent, Tami, Shelby, Kyle, Tyler, Shelby, Jessie, Shell, Kamdynn, Mekena, and to everyone who was so willing to lend their hands. Thank you! Our reception was ready. The lemons were in the vases, the sitting area was warm and cozy, the video was incredible, the refreshments prepared, the pictures displayed, and the lights turned low. We stood in line, next to each other, and so ready to get the show on the road. So many friends, family, people we didn't know, and people who had grown so close and important to us came and showed their love and support. By the end of our reception I was beat and so ready to leave with my new husband. We ran off in the pouring rain, stopped at my parents to change and grab my cheetah blanket. With a quick stop at Mcdonalds, and a prayer of gratitude and love we were off. It's odd to look back at my life a year ago, and see how things have changed. To see the friends that have disappeared, that have become closer. The boys that meant so much, and now mean nothing. To see the kind of person I was then and the woman I am now. Everyone has always said that life actually starts when you get married. Well, it's been almost three weeks and I can honestly say that being married is the best. I won't lie to you. It's not always easy, it's actually pretty hard. The adjustments, the changes, the disagreements, and just learning how to live with each other is hard. But the journey, the journey is incredible. I have never known someone so selfless, so humble, so willing, so caring, so concerned, so loving, so gentle, so hard working, so fun, and I have never known someone who makes me so happy to call mine. I love you Jace Duane Ropelato. I love you on the bad days, and I love you even when things are hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment