Monday, February 17, 2014

Will you be mine?

Before you start in to this next blog post let me warn you. It's about to get really mushy gushy. Why? Because I have a husband that deserves to be bragged about every chance I get. It was our second Valentines Day together and we decided we were going to save our money and not celebrate the holiday with gifts. It was Thursday, the day before love day. I was standing in my kitchen doing dishes when there was a knock on the door. No other than the UPS man with a special delivery of beautiful beautiful Roses, the softest bear, the sweetest love note, and the most delicious Chocolates. Oh husband! We agreed no Valentines gifts. He claimed they weren't for Valentines Day they were just because he loved me. Really? You melt my entire heart!



Okay, time for some full on panic. We agreed no presents and now I needed a present and I only had one day to prepare.
I decided I'd make dinner for him. For any of you who know me, know that I can not cook to save my life. The bedroom door had been 'heart-attacked', dinner in the oven, the table set for two, the lights down low, and the candles lit.
...and then my hunk of a hubby walked in the door and not a dang thing could ruin our night, not even the burnt bottoms of my Crescant Rolls.


Our Valentines day was simple and that's what made it great!
Thank you Jace Ropelato for being my Valentine and letting me love you.
I thank my lucky stars every day that you came in to my life!
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment