Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Odds and ends

I have certainly not been on top of blogging lately.
I find that often I get a little overwhelmed because of how much that I could post,
How much I want to share, and how much time that I just don't have.
So I apologize in advance for my over the top, long, and full of run on sentences blog posts.

Kyren had his very first haircut months ago and did so good.
It's true, the littlest things, are so much more meaningful and fun with your very own little one.
I didn't like it at first, and had a few major breakdowns (sorry, babe.).
It very VERY quickly grew on me...but I mean, come on. Where did my baby go?!!

We went Golfing with daddy.
For those of you who don't know, the Mr. Is quite the sports fanatic.
Ky Bug, of course, just like his daddy had the time of his life.

Oh one of my very best of my besties got married.
It was such a busy day and she looked so pretty. It's always SO fun
to spend the day with friends. The only thing that I would have changed is my sister being there with us.
...and thank you, City Creek, for giving us some good entertainment while waiting for the luncheon.

Jace and I rarely have the time to go out on a "real date" so we finally came up with our own stay-at-home-date
and it was one of the funnest dates that I've ever had. We made a yummy yummy dinner. **steak, corn on the cob, crescents and the beverage of our choice. And then we put our little one down and started building.......dun, dun, dun! The fort of a lifetime!!
We watched a Netflix movie, Jace played some video game, and I drifted off. Oooh how different dates are now!
Ugh. His cuteness absol_utely gets to me! Love him, so much!

Kyren Jace.
He is a total boy. I once read that no matter how many gender neutral toys you try and have
You will ALWAYS end up with more trucks, balls, and dirt. And it's the truth. This little one is all
boy and we couldn't be more proud. So here's a few of his loves.
• Daily Four Wheeling rides with dad.
• Playing in the water.
• The outdoors.
• Driving. Anything we'll let him.
• Running with mom.
• Coloring.
• Stacking things.
• Eggo Chapstick.

We moved from our first little home. It was tough, and it was a very emotional day for me.
I know that deep down, it's the people in that house with me that made it a home. I look forward
to making every house we own in to a home. Our home.

The day before we moved out I caught our little one drawing on the door.
Oh he thought it was the funniest thing, and honestly I was more than okay letting him color
on it because I knew it would easily come off...and I know, me allowing that, is totally not me!
But the joy it brought to him. Ugh. Worth every little thing, ever.
Let them be little.

I am the biggest fan of boutiques, city celebrations, carnivals, and any and all other festivities.
I think that they are the absolute funnest and I obviously drag Jace to them all. The funnest part of it
has been hauling Kyren to them and watching him. This was the famous Hooper Tomato Days. Our Ky Bug absolutely loved
the huge blow up slide, was completely mesmerized by the choo choo train, and even got to sit on a MotorCycle and was in complete Heaven.

Both sides of my family and Jace and I participated in the 5k that morning.
I somehow snuck away with 1at place in my age division and
Kyren also won 'best hair' in the baby contest.
We both were winners.

We matched.
I know in the future Kyren will ask me what I was thinking.
It's these days, while he's young, that I take full advantage of the little things.
His little chubby feet, choosing what he wears, his hair style, and his little fingers wrapped around mine.

I mean, I don't think he looks anything like me
Do you remember that carnival obsession? Well, we took Kyren to some festivities.
There were 2 little girls, maybe a little older than our Ky Bug putting some dirt on the slides. Kyren, of course, wanted to join in on the fun and went over to put his itty bitty hand full of dirt on the slide..and just after he did the little girl hit him on the forehead and said "no"! **cue the drama** Jace went over to rescue Kyren and as he was bent over picking him up he said, very firmly, "no" to the small girl and walked away. She stared. He stared. She glared. He glared. And I seriously laughed my head off. Because for real, she was mini and he was the Super-Hero-Daddy that I have always wanted for my babies.

Because it's this guy that goes to work full time, juggles school, helps coach a boys soccer team 2-3 days a week, plays in his own men's soccer league and still takes his callings as a full time husband and dad seriously. It may be something as simple as tickling Ky, giving a bath, or taking Him on a four wheeler ride. He is the greatest daddy to our greatest blessing. Thank you for making me feel like it's okay to dip my pretzels in frosting, or making a Zeppe's run, telling me I can do hard things, putting up with my addiction of buying Ky clothes, or watching 'just one more' episode of Grey's. He really is everything to us!

I am a Momma Bear through and through and I'll be the absolute first to admit that I baby this little guy. **he is my baby. And he will ALWAYS always be my baby, no matter how many other babies come our way.** and I pray, with everything in me, that this boy will be a mommy's boy forever...because he will always ALWAYS be my littlest love.

The not so little babe, decided to wake up from his 2 hour snooze.
**yes, you heard me right. Two hours!!!
So to end this quickly...
This is us. We are busy, we don't always eat the healthiest, Kyren most often wins every.single.battle, and we
are the furthest thing from having it all togeher. We laugh a lot, everyday. And enjoy the breeze during every four wheeling ride we go on, we have good days and bad days, and we love bed time...but the weekend mornings, together, are always looked forward to.

Until next time, the Ropelato's.""E{Wew

No comments:

Post a Comment